- All cakes are made of vanilla sponge with jam and butter cream unless otherwise specified.
- We do not currently make gluten or dairy free cakes.
- Excluding carrot and fruit cake, all our cakes do not have nuts as an ingredient, however may contain traces of nuts. Our fruitcake also contains alcohol.
- All of our cakes are made with vegetable fats and contain dairy products.
Storage and Shelf Life
- All cakes should be stored in a cool dark place on a flat sturdy surface.
- Never put cakes in the fridge other than fresh dairy cream cakes.
- All of our cakes have guaranteed 2 week shelf life after delivery, excluding fresh dairy cream cakes which have a 48 hour shelf life if refrigerated. Fruit cakes have a 3 month shelf life after delivery.
Edible Images & Sugar Models
- Editing and altering images may involve extra charges.
- We can scan and print any photograph or image. Whenever an image is scanned and printed the quality of the image can deteriorate, so please make sure you give us the best quality images you can as we cannot accept fault for this.
- For digital sent images, we can only accept JPG, PNG, and GIF images. Photos supplied in any other format cannot be accepted.
- Handmade sugar models on top of cakes can be quoted for separately. These may contain structural wires to hold together, so it advised NOT to consume. Models can last years if preserved in a cool dark dry place.
Edible Images & Sugar Models
- In some cases, equipment such as wedding and cupcakes stands may be hired out. All hired equipment must be returned within the time frame given to them, when hiring equipment. A hire fee is also charged and refundable security deposit left.
- Late or damaged equipment will be incurred with additional charges or loss of deposit.
- We customarily require 3 working days’ notice on all cakes ordered. Occasionally we may not have the resources to meet demand, so please order as early as you can. (Last minute orders subject to availability.)
- Please check your order thoroughly before payment. For bespoke orders, our decorators can only create the finished article from what they interpret from the wording of your order. It is not always possible to create exact specifications when modelling food, just a graphical representation.
- If an inscription colour or any other choice is left un-selected on your order form then we reserve the right to use our own discretion. Inscription colour will also represent the colour of the ribbon and piping unless stated otherwise.
- We only accept debit/credit cards & PayPal for orders placed online.
- We do not offer cash on delivery.
- Wedding cake orders require a 50% deposit when orders are placed, the remaining balance payment is required no late that 2 weeks prior to delivery.
- Reward Points are earned with every order you place. With 3 points rewarded for every £1 spent.
- Points are converted into £ money discount which is redeemable against future orders. 500 points is the equivalent to £2.50.
- Points can also be earned from daily logins (5pts), product reviews (50pts), account sign-ups (100pts) & referrals (200pts).
- 100 Reward points are awarded for Account Sign Ups, after the user has placed their first order.
- Product review points are awarded only if the used has purchased product.
- Referral points are added to both user accounts after the referral’s first order. Referrals have an expiry date of 3 days & cannot be sent/used to the same referral more than once.
- A maximum threshold of £20.00 can be saved when points are being redeemed on a single order.
- Reward Points cannot be used in conjunction with promotional coupons.
- We have the right to add/remove Reward Points at anytime if we believe to have a valid reason for doing so.
- We currently only offer deliveries inside of Essex, and are sent via our own dedicated delivery team.
- Delivery fees are priced according to zonal distance from the centre point of Harlow, Essex.
- Orders are delivered between 10am – 6pm on the day they are requested when ordering. We do not offer timed deliveries, If you require your cake before a specified time you should choose the delivery date for the day before hand.
- You or the person/s receiving the cake must be present as a signature is required for proof of delivery.
- We can deliver to alternative address. Please specify this in the delivery address option when ordering. If you do not specify, your order will be delivered to your billing address.
- We do not deliver on Sundays.
- All cakes are delivered boxed.
Refund, Cancellation and Complaints Policy
- For all order cancellations, there is a 25% administration fee. There is no refunds on cakes cancelled less than 7 working days prior to delivery. Cancellations can only be made by email or phone.
- Corrections and repairs to cakes, including inscription mistakes, can be corrected on the same day in most cases. You are required to give us this opportunity and must let us know of the problem within one hour of accepting your cake.
- Complaints are very rare and are taken very seriously. Some complaints may require further investigation and an immediate resolution may not always be possible. Photographic evidence may also be requested prior to you using the cake.
- Cakes, or part of cakes, may need to be re-collected within three days to ensure we are able to fairly assess the nature of the complaint.
The maximum refund we offer is the value of the cake and delivery. Further compensation is not available.
- If you would like to rearrange a delivery or order date, this can be done no later than 7 working days before delivery. Rearrangements can only be made by email or phone. (In some cases we may be able rearrange at less notice, however this can only be done at our discretion.
Promotional Offers & Competitions
- All participants must be 18 years old or over.
- The start & end date of these offers/competition will be clearly stated.
- Only one entry or coupon use per customer for all competitions & promotional offers.
- Offers including promotional/coupon codes will only apply to products available on our website. Orders must also be placed online, through our website.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with an other offers or codes. This also includes sale items.
- Prizes/offers cannot be redeemed for cash.
- We reserve the right to withdraw any competition/offer at any given time.
- Participants must agree to our Term & Conditions.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer financial details with any 3rd parties.
- The ‘Munchies Cakes’ Name, logo, designs and images are strictly copyrighted. Use of these by others, without our permitted permission, may be prosecuted.